Thursday, November 11, 2010

FOUR DOWN, ONE TO GO

I don't have anything all that profound to say, but I realized something--yesterday was the four month anniversary of the day I arrived in Argentina. Tomorrow marks exactly one month left in my time here. It's amazing how fast time has flown by. I've come to feel so comfortable here in Buenos Aires (I guess that's what happens after four months)--geographically, I feel like I know Buenos Aires even better than I know Houston--probably a result of walking/bussing/directing taxi drivers.

I will definitely excited to see friends and family (and to eat Mexican food for the first time in 5 months), but I can't believe my time here in BA is coming to a close (at least for now). I have so much to do within the next month. Here's a running list:

-Visit the Most Dangerous Zoo in the World and hold a baby tiger
-Hang out at Tierra Santa--what has got to be the only Jesus-themed theme park in the world
-Buy a pair of leather boots
-Return to the San Telmo Market
-Attend a polo game
-Take a tour of El Teatro Colón
-Christmas Shopping!!!
-Stock up on Malbec to bring back to friends and family in the States
-Visit the charming historical city of Colonia del Sacramento and the posh beach town of Punta del Este, both in Uruguay
-Travel to Patagonia

Quite the list--so many things to do, so little time. Oh, and I should probably study some so that I can pass all of my classes. These next two weeks are going to be miserable work-wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment