Sunday, November 21, 2010

POLO TIME

It's spring time, and spring in Argentina just without polo. Particularly within the upper class, polo is a big deal here in Argentina. "Polo" clothing is everywhere, and, right up there with the UK and the US, Argentina is known for some of the world's best polo.

This weekend and the next two weekends marks the Palermo polo tournament, one of the most important tournaments in Argentine polo, and my host mom took me (and her 15 year old grandson) to the field to catch a few games. It's a beautiful sport to watch, but after watching two games in the blazing heat I was pretty exhausted.

Regardless, I really enjoyed getting to spend the afternoon at the polo field with my host mom (she knows quite a lot about Polo)--although I would have been perfectly happy only attending one game instead of two :D


That red thing with the "movistar" sign wrapped around it is one of the two goal posts.

Pilará contra Chapa Uno

Love watching the horses race down the field....and I have no idea how the polo players manage to make contact with the ball while maintaining a gallop. I'm impressed.

I wish this one weren't blurry.

Clara got us great seats--I'm definitely not going to complain about the third row at the center of the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment